Here is a list of things you can do with children of any age.
- Go to the beach, build sand castles, slide on the dunes, swim in the waves, draw pictures in the sand, play cricket or volley ball on the beach.
- Go fishing at the beach or by the river, take a picnic lunch with you.
- Build a raft and try it out in a nearby river.
- Play with water sprinklers at home.
- Paint a Summer picture.
- Make a water slide with a sheet of plastic in the back yard.
It costs very little but makes for a lot of fun if you have the space.
- Visit the botanical gardens , visit some other local places of interest.
- Make colorful hats using autumn colors, decorate with leaves from the garden.
- Make some chocolate and orange cookies and share with friends.
- Build a cubby house outside and use autumn leaves for the bedding or carpet.
- Paint an Autumn picture
- Play in the autumn leaves,
This is my grand daughter enjoying the Autumn leaves.
- Go to the snow, make a snowman, go tobogganing or skiing,
- Make a fire outside and cook marshmallows. Sing songs around the campfire. Make damper on a stick and fill with jam.
- Make play dough and be creative indoors if it is cold out.
- Splash in the puddles after rain, make mud pies and decorate from the garden.
- Visit the local museum and learn about your local history.
- Cook popcorn and watch a family movie together.
- Tidy up the garden together.
- Paint a winter picture.
- Decorate a room in the house. Choose a theme and vote on which one is best.
- Pick some spring flowers from the garden and make an arrangement inside or take a bunch to an older person. .
- Visit the botanical gardens again to see the Spring flowers.
- Visit a local farm to see new born animals such as calves or lambs.
- Make a vegetable or flower garden together. Decide on what seeds you want to plant and each child can have a patch to look after.
- Visit a National park or place of historical interest
- Go for a walk , take a picnic lunch.
- Paint a Spring picture.
My outing with family this weekend
It is important for children growing up to have fun and to continue to have fun as they grow and become adults.
Yesterday was a beautiful Sunday afternoon. A perfect day for a walk on the beach, not warm enough to swim but still lovely for a walk. The boys were 16 to 19 and still enjoy a walk with their Mum and Grandmum. It was at the Inlet at Sandy Point . I had just finished making some cookies and before they were cooled the boys had eaten half of them, but that’s cool. It is just so good to have them visit.
The eldest grandson drove to the beach. At Sandy Point you can actually drive on the beach so they enjoyed that.
Last week we visited an old cemetery at an historical gold mining town. The boys learned a lot about the history of the area. We did a tour through an old gold mine and a train trip through the hills then we explored the walks in the area.
It was a fun time with teenage boys. In the evening we played monopoly till I won. There are so many different things we can do with family and they do not have to cost too much.
The hills were quite steep here so the graves at the cemetery were dug into the side of the hill. Many of the head stones had been damaged but it was interesting to read how young each of the people were who were buried there. Mine workers we discovered died early due to the conditions under which they worked.